How do we transform our relationship
to climate change?
pathways for action:
our energy transition,
Power Shift: Rising to the Climate Challenge, is both a call for reflection and a call to action. This media, education and civic engagement initiative explores such questions as:
- What new paradigms and ways of being are needed to meet our climate challenge?
- How can we learn to co-evolve and co-design with the natural world?
- What does a comprehensive climate plan look like and how do we get there?
- What success stories demonstrate our capacity for global and community transformation?
The purpose of Power Shift is to inspire and enlist a critical mass of citizens in the generational shift from an extractive economy to a regenerative one. What does it mean to be an active citizen in the age of climate change? How do we mobilize as a species to meet this historic challenge?
Our theory of change is based on several assumptions about how young people and citizens develop new understandings and contribute to a process of social innovation. We find that people respond to:
- Stories that enable them to make sense and make meaning of a world in change.
- Real-world examples of people and projects that model inner and outer transformation.
- Simple frameworks that reduce complexity and illuminate pathways into the future.
- An invitation to participate in reimagining the future and to demonstrate personal and collective agency.
Working with a diverse network of partners, Power Shift intends to enlarge and accelerate a youth and citizen-led movement for climate action. Ultimately, we want the initiative to serve as a “social tipping point” on the path to a regenerative future.